Сообщения пользователя:

Тема: Solar Satellites - Energy Source for Planet Defense | 15 Марта 2020 09:58:43
Сообщение #101
Defences that loose their energy do not stop working during the ongoing battle.
When a new battle starts afterwards the defences will work anymore according to the new energy levels on your planet.
Тема: Planet type specific buildings | 4 Февраля 2020 21:34:22
Сообщение #100
Hi,

I would love to see special buildings per planet type.

For example a "Ice Crusher" or so on a ice planet.
This ice crusher could process the ice of the planet to extract additional vespene from the ice.

Or a steel factory on a sand planet to increase the metal output further.

Every planet type should have a special building to provide a resource bonus regardless of if it already provides an additional bonus by the type.

This is also about diversifying the buildings a bit more for the planets which currently only can have the same buildings on each.
Тема: More pre-configurable quick selects | 23 Января 2020 21:41:25
Сообщение #99
Hi,

I would love to see much more quick select options for a lot of different things.

It should be possible for the player to configure the quick select options theirselves.

There need to be a dedicated page, modal (dialog) or drop-down box for everything.

Description of current state:
Currently we only can pre-configure and select the targets for sending units.
Nothing else has pre-configureable selects the players can use.

What I wish to get:
Pre-configureable select options for all the things mentioned under "applies to".

Why I would like to get this options:
It is to make the game easier, smoother and better playable for the players in general.
The benefits include quicker handling of (maybe critical) situations and mostly shortcutting expenditure to reduce the necessary interactions of the player to achieve the same goal and a reduction of the necessary time. (See Examples)

Applies to:
Unit sending
Defence construction
Unit construction
Lots for the Bestiary
Energy for mines
Activation/Deactivation of defence

Examples:
1. Unit sending:
When I currently send units from a planet to farm pirates I often have a lot of other units present.
So I am forced to input the exact number of units every time I want to send a fleet to farm a pirate.
This leads to that I often send the same amount of ships 10 times and have to type in the numbers 10 times.

What I wish to get:
I would like the ability to pre-configure a fleet.
This would look like: 1 Pancor + 100 Providers.
Then I would like to be able to choose this unit combination from a drop-down box (or so) and the units get selected automatically.
Optimally I already can combine the units with a mission in the pre-configuration so that a mission would be set as well.
Then I only would need to choose the fleet combination and hit the send button after I chose a pirate and clicked "attack" in its info window.

2. Lots for the Bestiary
Currently when I want to offer a lot I need to type in the numbers every time.
When I'm trying to offer the same lot multiple times and accidentally click the "close" button then I also need to re-enter the numbers.

What I wish to get:
I would like the ability to pre-configure a combination of resources or units and a selling price in resources/HC.
This would look like: Sell: 2 million metal, 1 million minerals, 100 000 vespene Sold for: 30 HC.
Then I would like the ability to choose this lot from a drop-down box (or so) and the according lot-configuration is applied to the fields.
Then I only would need to choose the lot and hit the add button.

Please consider such options to smooth the game flow a lot.

With kind regards

Tii
Тема: Gravity Trampoline Table | 14 Сентября 2019 18:10:53
Сообщение #98
Hello whbloom,

unfortunately the game doesn't provide formulas for this case.

When you want to see different distances/fleet points in the information table you can simply have more trampolines on your planet. When you have 10 Trampolines on your planet the first row of the table will change to either 8 or 9 trampolines and you can see up to 20 trampolines then in the information table.

Further the fleet points are very easy to calculate. You simply multiply the amount of tramps with the base amount of fleet points of one tramp. So if you want to know how much fleet points you can send with 20 trampolines you do: 10625 * 20 = 212 500 maximum fleet points with 20 trampolines on each side of the jump.

The much more difficult part is the distance because the game doesn't provide formulas. Therefor you need to find out the formula first. An very easy way is to use www.wolframalpha.com for this.
You visit the website and type into the "search bar": fit [(1, 10000), (2, 18661), (3, 26879), (4, 34822), (5, 42567), (6, 50158)].
This will give you an approximate formula through the given points. http://prntscr.com/p62h5j

You can use this formulas to APPROXIMATELY find out the necessary amount of trampolines for jumps later on. But let me warn you: This will NOT give you a 100% exact result. The resulting equation and graph will not match 100%. The further you try to extrapolate the less correct your result will be.
Example: When calculating the sendable distance for 10 trampolines while having a formula that were given only 6 points your result will be: http://prntscr.com/p62iet
-> (I am german so my . and , are swapped.)
You see that the result is pretty much off by 2000. This is because the extrapolation distance is too large. You need to add more points in order to get a more exact result.
It seems wolframalpha limits the input to 7 points. So this method is pretty limited but it's still better than calculating anything from hand or trying to derive an exact formula.

When doing the same with the first 7 pairs as input you get this result: http://prntscr.com/p62l74
This one is only 1000 off the real result for 10 trampolines. So it's more accurate than the example with 6 points.

You also have the ability to scratch the first points out of the equation and add more points that come later. Here I calculated it for 10 tramps again: http://prntscr.com/p62mhr
You see that this result is only 9 off the real result for 10 tramps!

It's possible to play around with this even further but the best accuracy can be achieved if you use the 7 points right before the one you're trying to calculate.

And let me warn you again: This is a mathematical approximate aproach. No exact result can be achieved like this. You need the exact formulas the game uses too to work it out exactly.

If you want a certain combination of fleet points and distance you can simply set it up like above for both and work out the points for each graph where it exceeds your required amount. You then choose the larger result. Example: The graph for the distance tells you you need 15 tramps and the fleet points says you need only 12 tramps. Choose 15 and you're good to do both - jump over distance and with enough fleet units.

This is really annoying over time and I recommend to not try this at all. The best you can do is to use the information table. If you want the infos for more than 11 tramps you need to have more trampolines present on your planet. If you have 10 trampolines present the information chart will start at 8 or 9 trampolines and range up to 20.
You could do this once and screenshot the results and save them - then you can look it up any time without the need for having tramps on your planet again.

I want to add that I would enjoy a real calculator for distance/fleet points for trampoline jumps too.

Disclaimer: I do not have a degree in mathematics. There may be more efficient solutions to this but they're probably longer (like spline interpolation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spline_interpolation or to have n equations for n data points ( http://prntscr.com/p62snv )). This methods probably need more work from the user than the method of using the last 7 points and getting a formula from wolframalpha. The least amount of work would be to screenshot the gravity trampoline information and save them. When you get more tramps do different combinations until you screened the whole range from 0 to your max amount of trampolines.
Тема: Special buildings | 16 Августа 2019 20:31:24
Сообщение #97
You can't find planets that already have moons.
You need to get your own.

You can let more than 6 250 000 debris be dropped but it will NOT increase the chance above 25%. 25% is the MAXIMUM CHANCE per battle.
Тема: Special buildings | 16 Августа 2019 18:54:37
Сообщение #96
Hello C_K,

your capital planet does not have a moon.
This is what it looks like when there are moons around a planet: http://prntscr.com/otkk6z

You first need to get a moon.
A moon can be formed at the end of a battle on one of your planets where a lot of debris was dropped. Per 250 000 debris dropped you get a 1% chance that a moon forms. The maximum chance is 25% with 6 250 000 total debris dropped.
Тема: The Simulator - A Beginners Guide | 15 Августа 2019 19:03:34
Сообщение #95
Hello fellow Xcraft players,

quite a few persons seem to struggle with the simulator at the start so I decided to write down how to use it correctly as easy as possible.

I will explain how to make the simulator more accurate and will give you an example how to simulate a battle against a human pirate correctly that is easy to understand.

This post will also partly cover how a player can replace specific things that are not included in the basic simulator without an upgrade.

1. The way

1.1 Information
You probably already tried to fight some pirates yourself and probably the results have been frustrating for you.
But this is good! It will help you to get rid of this problem.

A battle report will always contain all necessary information on how to beat a certain pirate fleet. So you can use this as a tactic and send 2 small transporters to be killed by a specific pirate so you get to know their specific technologies without the need to spy them or anything else.
(Please consider that a fleet which is too small and weak will be torn to shreds and you won't get a battle report, so no access to the necessary information.)

1.2 Remodeling the information
After you collected all the information you have everything you need. But the information are not in a way to use them yet. So you need to remodel them to fit your simulators needs. See 2.2 of the Example.

1.3 Now you can simulate
That's it! You're done and get a pretty accurate simulation!

However, you still need to be aware that there is a little bit of luck involved and in later battles with flagships even more luck is involved due to the possible modifications of Mass Damage for every single shot. Because of this reason it's important to do the same simulation multiple times! Look out for the best and the worst results out of ~10 simulations. That will most likely be the range of results your battle will be inside as well.

2. Fighting against pirates - The Example

2.1 Retrieving the Information
I took the following screenshot in a battle report. It shows all information about the enemy. The screenshot: http://prntscr.com/ot3reg
It's mandatory to get your hand on all this information. The admiral officer can only be seen in battle reports. The battle experience can be taken from the profile and the technologies can be retrieved by spying the main planet which is listed in the pirates profile.

2.2 Adding the information to the simulator correctly
First you should add the standard technologies to the simulator - weapon technology, shield technology and armor technology.

Now you are left with 3 medals, the battle experience and the Admiral officer lvl 7. All of this is not included in the simulator when it's not upgraded. But even the upgrade only unlocks to add the Admiral officer, neither the battle experience nor the medals. You need to manually add them.

To add the things manually you simply calculate the total influences in % and convert the percentage to technology levels which are always available in the simulator!

The battle experience adds 30.2% to everything.
The Admiral officer is on lvl 7. Each level adds 5%. 5% * 7 levels = 35% to everything.
The medals adds 1% to attack of light fleet, 1% to attack of all fleets and 1% to armor and shields of defences.
Since there are no defences in a pirate battle you can leave the last medal out.
You can convert 1% to attack of light fleets to 1% to all fleets to create a even safer simulation result for you.
So there is +2% attack damage due to the medals.

Now you calculate the added %'s for each technology into the corresponding amount of levels.
The weapon technology grants +4% attack damage per level.
The shield technology and the armor technology grant +8% shields/armor per level.

For Weapon Technology:
The Battle XP ( +30.2% ) + Admiral officer lvl 7 ( +35% ) + Medals ( +2% ) = +67.2%
Divide by 4% per level weapon technology: 67.2 / 4 = 16.8.
-> You need to add 16.8 levels to weapon technology in the simulator to the levels that were added by the normal technologies to include the battle experience, the admiral officer and the medals.
Since you can't add 16.8 levels I suggest to add 17 levels. If you still beat the fleet with a higher amount of damage from the enemy you're on the safe side of the simulations.

For Shield Technology:
The Battle XP ( +30.2% ) + Admiral officer lvl 7 ( +35% ) = +65.2%
-> Medals can be left out. They only add damage or shield and armor to defences. In pirate battles there are no defences so you leave this medal.
Divide by 8% per level shield technology: 65.2 / 8 = 8.15.
-> You need to add 8.15 level to shield technology in the simulator to the levels that were added by the normal technologies to include the battle experience and the admiral officer.
Since you can't add 8.15 levels you now have to make a decision. You can add only 8 levels but you're risking that the enemy may be stronger than you simulated. I always recommend to round up in this case - even when it's only .15 above the last level. It will take you to the safe side of the simulations when rounding up.

For Armor Technology:
The Battle XP ( +30.2% ) + Admiral officer lvl 7 ( +35% ) = +65.2%
-> Medals can be left out. They only add damage or shield and armor to defences. In pirate battles there are no defences so you leave this medal.
Divide by 8% per level armor technology: 65.2 / 8 = 8.15.
-> You need to add 8.15 level to armor technology in the simulator to the levels that were added by the normal technologies to include the battle experience and the admiral officer.
Since you can't add 8.15 levels you now have to make a decision. You can add only 8 levels but you're risking that the enemy may be stronger than you simulated. I always recommend to round up in this case - even when it's only .15 above the last level. It will take you to the safe side of the simulations when rounding up.

The final levels of the technologies including base technologies and the calculated values (assuming I rounded up all the time) are:
Weapon Technology: Base 12 + Calculated 17 = LVL 29 weapon technology in total.
Shield Technology: Base 12 + Calculated 9 = LVL 21 shield technology in total.
Armor Technology: Base 12 + Calculated 9 = LVL 21 armor technology in total.

2.3 Now you can simulate
Congratulations! You now have considered all relevant information to attack a standard human pirate, even when you were not able to add them to the simulator directly or you do not own a upgraded simulator at all!

Just one last thing..
After you've done all this please don't forget to add your own units to the simulator. After 25 000 points it costs 1000 vespene to do a simulation and you don't want to forget this and waste your vespene on a empty simulation.

Best greetings from

Tii

3. Beating the simulator
You can beat the simulator and the results by assuming higher technology levels than the ones given in reality. If you simply add 1 or 2 levels to everything your results will be worse than before but if you manage to buff your fleet up so you still beat it with a acceptable result (very small losses) you will loose still less than what you've simulated.
But don't add too much! It will falsify the results too much instead of adding a benefit.

Further you NEED to simulate multiple times the same battle without changing the fleet units or anything else. You look out for the best and the worst simulation results out of ~10 simulations. You form a range from the worst to the best simulation result. Most likely your result will be at the better end of this range when you have added 1 or 2 levels extra.

4. Disclaimer and final thoughts

4.1 Final Thoughts
All in all this is the basic principle of how you compensate technologies, buildings and other things that influence a battle without the need of upgrading your simulator.
However, this method can not fully replace an upgraded simulator because this technic is not applyable to fleet units. The most fleet units can not simply be replaced by a combination of other units. For a very few ones this is possible but never for Flagships.
Unfortunatly adding other races and things to the post would let the calculations get out of hand too fast and would make things much more difficult to understand for beginners so I left that out.
For some of you it also will be necessary to consider the Aggression parameter which can be seen on a pirates profile. It increases when you kill a lot of large pirate fleets from the same pirate. It increases attack damage, shields and armor specifically against you and the increase in % is equal to the level of aggression.

4.2 Disclaimer
This article was written by Tii on the 15th August 2019. It only is valid for a very limited time. Changes are implemented nearly every day to the game so that there is no guarantee that this article will be complete or correct in the future anymore. Its only cause is to show players the direction of how to approach and handle simulations, not every necessary detail.
Please do not use the values seen in the example for own simulations against the pirate RedHead in the future!
The post was written for beginners, not advanced or expert knowledge levels on this subject.
This post ONLY covers the attacking of a human pirate and how to use the simulator on this specific example. For other pirates and especially for other races and players the values will differ a lot. More or different things have to be considered which are NOT covered by this post.
In case you discover any problems or mistakes please let me know either by answering here or writing me a direct message so I can correct it.

I wish you all happy simulating!
Тема: Experimental Research increase in price | 13 Июня 2019 14:38:17
Сообщение #94
jd501, you're not alone.

Banyan started the following complaint not long ago: https://xcraft.net/forum/topic_44740
It's the same issue but I guess it would be too much work to keep it up to date permanently.

Until we get our own notifications we have to deal with the russian forum.
Тема: I turned moon into quay before i build lunar base. | 13 Июня 2019 12:59:37
Сообщение #93
I don't think that will happen.. See here..

Rule 8.6: http://prntscr.com/o1abg7

https://xcraft.net/rules.html
Тема: Multiaccounting | 13 Июня 2019 12:56:22
Сообщение #92
There are automatisms to detect and deal with multiaccounts. However this automatisms only operate above 25 000 points to allow players to restart the game in case they need/want to.
If this person keeps playing on all the accounts then the person will be banned at some point.
Тема: The Cult of the Sun God (Cornello) | 13 Июня 2019 12:52:54
Сообщение #91
If you stop building the bonus % will slowly decrease until you're negative and even farther. Keep building to keep the bonus up.
Тема: Experimental Research increase in price | 13 Июня 2019 12:40:50
Сообщение #90
It was announced in the russian forum.

http://prntscr.com/o1a1kj

Change your ingame language to russian and visit https://xcraft.net/forum/forum_30 for most recent updates.
Тема: New Balance updates English Forum users don't know about | 24 Мая 2019 00:15:07
Сообщение #89
Тема: Headline doesn't fit the info window | 9 Мая 2019 00:46:34
Сообщение #88
Hi,

when viewing the alliances on the galaxy map I noticed that for all alliances the headline of the information window is cut off at the end. It doesn't fit in the window.

http://prntscr.com/nm72pe

This happens for all languages. German, English and Russian.
Тема: questions i have | 1 Мая 2019 20:15:53
Сообщение #87
Hi kyouma,

don't worry too much - a lot of players ask themselves those question. You're not alone.

1) FAS protects your ships. Not your resources. This has a different cause. It's that the player was weaker than you when he attacked your capital. So he stole your capital key. The key should return after 3 days automatically to your capital and you do not have to pay dues anymore. As alternative there is a chance that you can steal your key back when attacking his capital. Just be patient and wait for your key to return would be my suggestion.

2) The officers CPR is 2. They double in price with each level. However there are a few exceptions like the officer "coach" (which has 100 HC base price) to get a upgraded simulator. It only has 3 levels and every level costs 100 HC.

3) From what I know the math formula of the provider has an error. Let's take the metal formula as example: LOG (1 + number of providers, 1.04) / (planet diameter / 25000)
The first part means that it's the logaritm to the base of 1.04 of 1 + number of providers. Then just divide it by planet diameter which was devided by 25 000 before.
When I enter the formula on wolframalpha.com (the math engine) then I have to switch the position of 1.04 and 1 + number of providers to get the correct result. So I end up with: LOG (1.04, 1 + number of providers) / (planet diameter / 25 000) when entering the formula.

4) The only available option to automate this is to turn off "Aggression" while sending them. But this also leads to the death of the providers because they start retreating when the battle starts. That's not enough time and they always die except they fight something without attack damage (like a bunch of human recyclers only). You have to do this manually if you want them to survive.

5) The first attack is very tight in time. The other attacks that happen due to quests will always have a 1 week flight time until the attack hits your planet. That's usually enough time to react properly to it.

6) The Tosses strength is their shield. You as a Xerj have units that BYPASS the shields with their attacks. Check: Dreadlisks and Pancors. Those 2 units ignore any enemy shield and directly attack the armor. (except they fight against another xerj. There no shield bypass happens.) But against Toss this is a beautiful way to get rid of the Tosses advantage over you.

7) The signal is the blue bar below your picture. Here in the forum as well as in your profile the blue bar is below your picture. When your signal is below 25% you can not post in the forum anymore until it recovered itself. (Can take up to multiple days later on). Your signal is full and you can post here, so nothing to worry about. When you click the blue bar a small window pops up. There is a help section to get more info about this.

Hope I could help you a little.

As a last thing: The first message you ever received ingame is a message from your personal tutor. You always can message this person if you have questions about the game.
Тема: How to do quest - Zaratustra | 22 Марта 2019 14:49:13
Сообщение #86
1 million minerals is the reward. (and you can play intergalactic tetris)

http://prntscr.com/n1f5e2
Тема: Solar Destructions | 22 Марта 2019 07:57:24
Сообщение #85
Only because a solar destruction mission is incoming doesn't mean it will happen.

The solar destruction is carried out by a ship called "Nagibator". The nagibator will remain in the solar system from the beginning of the solar destruction mission until the destruction happens. In the ~30 days it stays in the solar system before it is destroyed any player can attack the nagibator and kill it. This will prevent the solar destruction. There also is a special medal for nagibator kills called "Razgibator".
Тема: Here's advice I doubt a single person will listen to. | 22 Марта 2019 07:12:54
Сообщение #84
We managed to figure out what the problem was.

To everyone who reads this:
You need a hangar (as human) to unlock FAS at all. Without a hangar you can not use FAS.
When you click on the text "FAS" in your planet overview, not on the mode change tho', you will get a detailed view on which ships currently are under FAS, how many FAS points you have and how many of them are currently used.
Тема: How i can play with Toss ? | 22 Марта 2019 00:50:56
Сообщение #83
Once quest 10 is finished you pay 1000 hydarian crystals and get the phoenix code to register a toss account.
Тема: Here's advice I doubt a single person will listen to. | 22 Марта 2019 00:49:22
Сообщение #82
FAS does work but the mode is set to civilian units only at the start I think. You have to set it to full to save your war ships as well.

You can switch the FAS mode in the overview of the planet.

http://prntscr.com/n16uv4