Сообщения пользователя: Mangrove

Тема: Announce: Colonization technology rework | 13 дней назад
Сообщение #3
Цитата: UncleanOne
I'm sorry that our breaking change has already had a breaking change. But with all the political powers struggling to push their vision, things like these are hard to avoid.

Thanks, but I can't build anything with apologies.
Having made the definition change there should be compensation of the full research cost (32.8M Metal, 65.5M Minerals and 32.8M Vespene) made redundant by the definition change

I was feeling quite positive yesterday about there being an announcement to allow players to plan and take action for a major change (whether I like the change or not doesn't matter)
Now my feelings are entirely negative because plans made and executed have been disrupted and I can have no confidence in what the change that eventually gets implemented (if it does) will be

All the discussion should have been BEFORE the announcement or else what is the point of the announcement at all?

(Imagine the Senate winning in couple of weeks and leaving all top zergs with useless lvl30 Spires…)

Which is why you don't make an Announcement before the change has been defined and discussed and any Senate objections considered.
There has already been a Senate vote currently sitting at 58 votes to 3 in favour of cancelling the change (voting ends 2024-09-10 19:00).
As there are 100 Senators the outcome cannot be anything other than a motion to stop the change.
Do I have any confidence that this vote will mean the change doesn't go ahead...No...it will just be re-shaped in ways I have no ability to predict.
Тема: Announce: Colonization technology rework | 13 дней назад
Сообщение #2
New CRP will be 6, not 5.5. Spire's cost would also change, but no existing levels will be recalculated.
Opening post was updated with new details.

You've updated way more than that!!!

This was the original definition

Coefficient of rise in price will be changed from 4 to 5.5.
Existing technology levels for humans and tosses will be recalculated according to new prices:
· for levels 4-8: -1 level,
· for levels 9-13: -2 levels.
For levels 9-11 50% of the difference between old and new price will be compensated.
For xerj the technology will become unavailable, with 50% of its old cost compensated. Object limit will be determined by maximum level of Spire, each 3 levels giving +1 planet. Unit spawning requirements will be transferred from Spire to other buildings.
In a week before these changes are applied, players will be given an ability to “decolonize” 1 or 2 of their planets without losing the resources spent on them. When abandoning a planet using this mode, all its content — buildings, defenses and fleets — will be transformed into resources and automatically transferred to the capital. Amount of “decolonizations” will be determined by old level of Colonization technology:
· for levels 4-8: 1 decolonization,
· for levels 9-13: 2 decolonizations.

This is the new definition
Existing technology levels for humans and tosses will be recalculated according to new prices:
· for levels 4-7: -1 level,
· for levels 8-11: -2 levels,
· for levels 12-13: -3 levels.
For levels where old total price is higher that new total price, 50% of the difference will be compensated (most likely, via some special medal that can be activated to receive the resources).
New cost table for technology
For xerj the technology will become unavailable, with 50% of its old total cost compensated. Object limit will be determined by maximum level of Spire, each 3 levels giving same bonus as 1 level of technology. Spire's cost will be changed slightly (lower starting cost, CRP going up from 1.7 to 1.8), but without recalculation of existing levels.
New cost table for Spire
Unit spawning requirements will be transferred from Spire to other buildings/evolutions.
In a week before technology levels are recalculated, players will be given an ability to “decolonize” some of their planets without losing the resources spent on them. A new option will be added in planet control menu, analogous to “abandon planet”, which upon usage will take total cost of everything producible — buildings, ships and defenses — and transfer that as resources to your capital before completing the abandoning. Items will be transferred without conversion into resources. Total amount of resulting resources and items will be listed in planet control menu. This new option will be accesible for a month.
Amount of “decolonizations” will be determined by old level of Colonization technology:
· for levels 4-7: 1 decolonization,
· for levels 8-11: 2 decolonizations,
· for levels 12-13: 3 decolonizations.

The levels have been changed. So plans and indeed actions that players have made/taken based on the original announcement are now invalid!

On my Xerj I kicked off a Colonisation 9 research upgrade, purely so that I could get the second decolonisation opportunity to get full value from dropping a second planet rather than abandoning
With this change in definition I need not have done that and I have wasted 32.8M Metal, 65.5M Minerals and 32.8M Vespene - Please provide compensation
If the change goes ahead this research provides no value other than the extra decolonisation opportunity as the research will no longer exist for Xerj

If you want a discussion to refine a change don't make it an announcement as though it's a firm change!
Тема: Announce: Colonization technology rework | 14 дней назад
Сообщение #1
Цитата: tweros-de-rooie
I would ask that if I decolonize a planet that I then won't get the compansation resourses at once. For that amount I don't have an immediate possibility to spend or store it, so it will "Gone in the wind", Instead I would like to recieve it in some kind of wallet or something like that. Otherwise the players get a dubble wamming from this change, a change of wich almost all players are absolute not happy ( English understatement) about. The least you can do if you go on with this change, is compensate them on a fair way. That mustn't be so difficult to do.

I agree. At the very least "Decolonise" needs to state what resources you will get, where and when BEFORE you push the button to execute the task so you can prepare and come back and press the button then. It would be more user-friendly to be able to decide where the resources go as the Capital may be the last place you want it. As suggested above, some form of token or Medal to allow resources to be released in smaller batches on the active object would be a much fairer way of doing it than a massive dump. After all, we never had a massive dump of resources to instantly build up a planet originally, we had to scour the universe, steal from the enemy or buy it on the market over months (if not years)