Yes - 2 (67%: Vicky, David_S)

No - 1 (33%: Brutoss)

Всего голосов: 3.

Newbie Experience 2024, Overview of initial likes and dislikes with suggestions

Сообщение  Сообщение #1 
Репутация 0
Группа humans 3 1 1 Сообщений 6
I joined the game around 2 weeks ago.

The initial impression of the game is "overwhelmed by things to do." Which is a good challenge and daunting at the same time.

Likes: Strategy of building a planet and resources for fleets to colonize, fight, and grow an empire.
Other users enthusiasm for the game.

Similarities to other strategy games.

Research paths and resources tied to growth.

Nostalgia from old anime and games like command and conquer or from StarCraft.

Overall the infrastructure and Backend or Gaming metrics are really well developed and easily modified to suit Balancing game dynamics. Basic foundations for a good game are pretty well done for this game.

Dislikes: Cost driven "Metrics" on all resources, buildings, fighting; specifically increasing Coeffiecients are in too high of multiples for players to progress or grow.
This causes a lot of discontent.
It's a good thing to limit massive growth of single players in other ways instead of charging all players more.

***Cost to post to forum or speak with admins, absolutely a horrible idea for growth of the game.
From a gamers perspective it's like developers are punishing all the players because they didn't like what some said before.
Why is this even allowed by developers in charge the pure idea of it is bad for business. This needs to be fixed Immediately or i don't see the game lasting another year at the rate customers are getting angry about cost.
God forbid a player who is also a hacker gets pissed off.

The conscience contract it's laughable. You can't own peoples souls silly gamer! :P

The Front end User Interface(UI), 3D battle scenes and most graphics for the game are very poor.
They don't have a professional look to them, which is understandable since the game is maintained by developers not graphic artist. Still that needs to be fixed.

Comparing the game graphics to other platforms like Vega Conflict, Nova Armada, or even StarCraft itself it is easy to see that game has a lot of room to grow in graphics and User interface. It's not smoothed out at all, and it has some compatibility issues.

There is no App available for the game during away times from a console or computer, to do basics like defend fleets or hide resources on an expedition.

There is too much idle time in game waiting for fleets to move or waiting for various task to complete. This comes down to a game flow issue and having to pay to speed up construction and such.

***Administration is failing to use some free and available tools to make their jobs and the developers jobs more easy.
Things like: ongoing events that provide rewards for player participation, sales on Hydraian Crystals coincindeing with events. More freebies to encourage participation of player. It simple to increase sales this way why reducing customer cost more sales = more income 2000 customers buying 1 HC is more often is better income than 12 big customers paying 1 time a year for a big purchase simple economics. You have to improve customer satisfaction before that though. A generous hand that continual gives will continually receive in return, a fundamental law of the universe!***

In summary the game deserves it's current 2 star rating, with all of it's positive benefits to play overshadowed by some glaringly simple things that could be fixed like the HC cost to post information of value to players and devs alike.

If consideration was given to a few small changes, the game could become massively more popular and player satisfaction would increase exponentially, they main problem seems to be the right person for the job of leading the company xcraft inc. at it's current rate it looks like within a year the Games user participation will fail.
That'd be sad because there is a lot of potential in this game.

I've had fun learning it thus far with both the positive and negative challenges i had to face.

A bit of advice or a suggestion for the devs and admins listening to your users / players corrections and negative or positive feedback is the key to success.
I hope this review of the game helps somewhat to ears that are all red from being pulled on so much by discontent.
Have fun too don't take your work in the game to personally especially when people say bad things about it, there will always be naysayers and negative as well as positive outlooks, keep making the game better and get better at getting paid for your work without taking to much from your patrons ;)
5 дней назад
5 дней назад
Сообщение  Сообщение #2 
Репутация 202
Группа humans Альянс Heroic Hegemony 63 33 83 Очков 3 854 573 Сообщений 5
Another post that the admins won't even read. LOL.
5 дней назад
5 дней назад
Сообщение  Сообщение #3 
Репутация 0
Actually, we've had some good fruitful chats lately they're decent people if you give them a chance.
5 дней назад
5 дней назад
Сообщение  Сообщение #4 
Репутация -188
Группа Terminator 92 7 48 Сообщений 8049
Цитата: Mikey
It's a good thing to limit massive growth of single players in other ways instead of charging all players more.

Not using strict limits is a design choice. We don't want players to feel that they have reached an absolute limit and have nothing to do anymore.

Cost to post to forum or speak with admins, absolutely a horrible idea for growth of the game.

While I agree with the sentiment on an emotional level, this thing works.
We're not a secret department of Blizzard for browser games, and we don't have enough staff for thorough moderation. The main forum is Russian and, in accordance with stereotypes, it was a constant shitstorm back then. Having a cost on posting really helps keeping discussions civil. 50k Vespene may seem huge for a starting player, but it's pretty tame for developed player.
Also, we have more ways of communication other than forums, e.g. chat and message groups, that are free to use.

This needs to be fixed Immediately or i don't see the game lasting another year at the rate customers are getting angry about cost.

I believe it's been in place since 2018 or so. Not sure how did you get this prediction.

The conscience contract it's laughable.

Because it's a joke.

They don't have a professional look to them, which is understandable since the game is maintained by developers not graphic artist.

We have graphic artists, just not on AAA level. I hate the “small indie company” meme, but we're literally that.

There is no App available for the game during away times from a console or computer, to do basics like defend fleets or hide resources on an expedition.

Game is playable from mobile browser, and we did have an app at some point (not sure about its current status though).

You have to improve customer satisfaction before that though.

Well, that's the problem of the game's genre. It has to be optimized for customer suffering first and foremost. It's a sandbox where anyone's advantage necessarily translates into someone's else problems.
Events for player participation? Low online players get less from them and will be wrecked by those who can fully benefit from those events.
Discounts on paid options? F2P users gonna suffer, since paying players are getting even more advantage.
And so on. It's hard to find the “truly balanced” state for this sandbox, the whole history of the game is basically trial-and-error.

Overall, thanks for the feedback. While most of the things you critisize are either by design, or not that easy to fix (like, this project started as a StartCraft fan-game, but that doesn't mean it's possible for us to be on the same level as StarCraft), we appreciate the discussion.
5 дней назад
5 дней назад
Сообщение  Сообщение #5 
Репутация 0
Thanks for the reply.

Strict limits and growth encouragement are both good ideas,i think basically the side of things seeming like a punishment for success at higher than average CRP than similar builder games in that sense was my aim there.
Checking out some other games in comparison to how it's done, it's a limiting factor by diminishing free resources and time for collection so that the build needs to self sustain from beginner users to more advance levels increasing in game time but making defense of resources and alliance connections vibe. The design choice is understandable, it leads into a pay to play either way for shorter times on builds so i get that.

Yea the prediction model comes from business sustainability with a smaller cost of revenue models for a small server. Your only between 2K-800 user logins a day with only a smaller portion of those that can be paying.
If your small and running with the servers for 28k users the electricity cost alone should be killing it no( i don't expect financial answers on the forum from you though), not to mention paying devs and webmasters plus connection cost. Not sustainable is it? Maybe Russia has a different expense ratio though. You have three sites though one here in America one in Russia and Canada how can you afford that with so little users. Plus cost of unmentioned expenses like owner withdraws. I'm having a hard time understanding how you haven't shuttered the doors yet, but that isn't my business.
Anyways if you're making it, good for you guys.
Typically a hit of 1/3 in revenue is destructive for any company 90% missing is a big gap am I wrong? Plus there's been a decline since i thought 2013 was when the game was developed i read online. 2018 and 2013 are similar though maybe a error in the print or the reader :0 on the review site.

I like the small indie company title though it says you have people who work here that care about the game and it's their baby, the problem is sometime parents don't want their kids to grow up and you guys have all these customers complaining because they want better for the game i think. I agree with a lot of them even though they may be venting frustrations in a frustrating way for you guys for sure. They are basically telling you there's a lot of potential for more and better. I've seen it.

I like that you have the chat for free as well it's solid to have a the message center for players too it's smart to have those for free. It's not semantics or design it's just forums are ran for free on almost every other game site I've been to and also messaging customer service is never pay to play.

I'm sure you have your reasons no point beating a dead horse for either of us though, maybe consider a different approach and I'll try to understand your thoughts as i play more though it is killing some of your sales I'm sure and is a key point to increase customer satisfaction like an act of good faith.

I dropped an idea with Victoria on how you could implement a solid change that'll solve the issue of abuse in forums and free up you admins/devs to focus more, a real time saver.

Differentiating customer satisfaction with customer service and response to game design, update, implementation is different from frustrations from challenges in game.

Some customers don't differentiate that though and of course as you mentioned before it's the difference between pure logic and emotional spectrum thinking.

They don't have to be opposed to each other for sure they are/can be in many ways. Customer service was the point here you lost customers recently in a large scale many French players quit recently hadn't they(not salt for wounds just trying to prove the essence of the idea)?

What I'm getting at is like 2-1=1 if you have 2 customers lose one the reason has to be calculated and corrected and all these complaints are pointing out where you can find a solution and build better. Either way i can see you're trying and i appreciate that and your reply's.

Your welcome for my thoughts, just so you know my info doesn't come for free every time. Drop me some free HC and some banger events to collect resources and HC to keep me active ;)
Also, I'm sticking by the suggestion for events that don't harm players but are optional and increase participation like say a shoot down the pirates surge, but make it something new and fresh kinda thought, put a sale on HC in that time too workshop it with your old guard in players I'm sure they have some fresh insight that could pay off big if you really show you heard them and implemented. That's the part about generosity i was getting at not that you haven't been already with making the game and how it's design provides free resources for play.

Thanks for the reply also if you want to expand in America I'll sell you some ideas and techniques I know about i can also help with the customer satisfaction peice to make things easier for you. Over all keep grinding if it's going for you feel free to ask me for input anytime!

I have a great story about an old mechanic you should here some time on sales.

Peace Uncleanone
4 дня назад
4 дня назад
Сообщение  Сообщение #6 
Репутация 0
UncleanOne, also my apologies to your Graphics person, i hadn't realized the team was so small usually you'd have a group of multiple UI/UE people working together with customer service/inside sales so they've done pretty good for one person building from scratch. Not to say that it couldn't improve, but if it is one or two people that is impressive to build a multiplatform UI across systems. There's some new automation software available through some pay services you're already connected with might want to go that route, it'll cost ya but that's another sale booster for sure.
4 дня назад
4 дня назад
Сообщение  Сообщение #7 
Репутация 155
Группа Government Альянс BATTLESTAR 211 34 74 Очков 32 883 893 Сообщений 89
Lol, have you seen the main administrator's account, his profile is designed specifically to troll the players.
They don't care about customer satisfaction, otherwise they would be more intelligent with their innovations
They maintain a certain heard size, too many players they introduce cuts, need more players they pay google for adds again ♻️.
Once people sniff a scam, they leave immediately, or no longer donate. And just watch, sometimes poking fun at those who spend mega dollars.
I personally have spent x10 more in other games, if I wasn't scamed early in my game all that money would be spent on this game 😂
16 часов назад
16 часов назад

Информация

Вы не авторизованы