Translator, translate the languages automatically

Сообщение  Сообщение #1 
Группа guest
Hy peoples,
in the past i have write many with other players and i have see in many other gmes a translatorsystem is running. 
i think it i very helpfully for all player, if anything in this form is implementated.

thanks for reading 

NicTaran
17 Января 2019 07:48:49
17 Января 2019 07:48:49
Сообщение  Сообщение #2 
Группа guest
NicTaran
Most of the translations from Russian to English in the game are done using Google (obvious). This is the reason you cannot understand the exact functionality in English.
Complex linguistic schemas (e.g. passive voice, or referral sentences) cannot be properly translated (yet).

It is a good idea, but technology cannot help (yet) when you do not write properly, in simple direct short sentences, in the original language.
19 Января 2019 17:15:19
19 Января 2019 17:15:19
Сообщение  Сообщение #3 
Группа guest
hey snoopy that i can understand. and that is all what i want, because any times to go to google translator a lot of time... 
22 Января 2019 23:14:01
22 Января 2019 23:14:01
Сообщение  Сообщение #4 
Группа guest
Yeah Nic (y)  I was wandering why this game does not have translator integrated... from russian to eng works quite Nice... More problematic are arabic languages, because they have a bit different way to create a sentence... Also people will learn to write short sentences.
I had only good experience with in-game translator..
23 Января 2019 22:45:49
23 Января 2019 22:45:49
Сообщение  Сообщение #5 
Группа guest
Klemen

You may have good experience with in-game translator, but in this game the translation using google is at least lousy. I have the feeling that the English translation was performed using a translator (most probably google or some partner like yandex.ru) by a person who does not really understand / speak English (at least international English).

When planning to use such tools, you write accordingly (i.e. short, simple sentences, without using linguistic references, no passive voice, and accurate meaning in the original language). I believe -unable to prove it though- that the original texts would not be approved by a literate on Russian language. Thus, for this game a translator is totally useless.

p.s. I am not in any way related to the game admins. I am a regular player like you Translator

25 Января 2019 02:19:07
25 Января 2019 02:19:07
Сообщение  Сообщение #6 
Группа guest
I tend to use deepl.com more than google to translate. Both if it proves problematic. When all else fails, I go to a Russian speaking friend and have them rephrase or translate. There are plugins for most modern browsers even on your phone that will automatically translate to the best of their ability every page. The only thing this cant be done on is pictures and only someone that reads and writes both languages is going to accurately translate that due to special characters in the type and keyboard layouts.

Part of the problem with a built in translation, is we do not then have the original text to attempt our own translation outside the game, including sending it to someone that is fluent in both languages, which is the best way for stubborn phrasing that doesnt translate well. This can at least attempt to translate some of the meaning, cultural significance, or inflection and tone of the original writing, and if all else fails, they can speak to the person, and relay the message so it is understandable.

Part of the problem is there are no words in some languages to make the translation from one language to another. The names of some of the fleet ships are prime examples.
There is no perfect translation service. Having dealt with many different languages in past in other games, sometimes as many as 15 at one time in a game, it is possible to make due if the people on both sides make the effort.

24 Февраля 2019 02:06:53
24 Февраля 2019 02:06:53

Информация

Вы не авторизованы